Monday, April 6

I Guess it was Inevitable

Just a few weeks ago I had purchased a package of dog toys for one of my lovable K9 companions. Among the contents was a plush squeaky toy that resembled a duck.


Zoe was never one to pick up a toy but ever since Aspen was a puppy she never turned down anything that would squeak. Although she had found "puppy love" in many pleasurable squeaky toys she had never enjoyed faces. For some strange reason she would always tear them out within the day she received it. This would never happen to the faceless toys that were immensely enjoyed for many months.

I had figured now that she was older that this might not appeal to her as much. Whenever I gave notice to the tiny squeaks coming from her toy she would lovingly give it kisses in the face. Eventually she would put her head on the toy and go to sleep.



I thought that the face tearing had passed and that she would continue to have the toy for a few more months to come. Well....I was wrong. I came home today and found this.

I am sure that if she could talk she would have simply said that it was a lip piercing that went terribly wrong. After all she was only the victim in this. Once I gently placed the toy on the ground she snatched it up quickly and hid it from view.

No comments: