Friday, January 22

I Really Just Wanted that Cheesecake!!!

Today I was able to go to the Olive Garden with one of my (partners in crime) co-worker. I was given the task to choose the location, and sadly enough the only thing I could think of was how I really just wanted the Raspberry Cheesecake. Of course I had to choose a meal...but I almost didn't have room for my beloved Cheesecake...(Yum). I did however manage, but suffered from over stuffage. Since there are wheels on the chairs my co-worker offered to push me all the way out to the front door as long as I yelled "Wwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeee"...although I wanted to it never did happen. I had once did it at a neighborhood Walmart and almost got kicked out. Worth it...but to be over stuffed and run away quickly, it wasn't an option. Anyways I thought I would share my love for this by sharing a recipe that I found online to make it.

P.S. BTW I should mention that I have never made this...but I could! :)

* Exported from MasterCook *

Olive Garden Raspberry Mousse Cheesecake

Recipe By :

Serving Size : 6

Preparation Time :0:00

Categories: Cheesecakes

Amount Measure

Ingredient --Preparation Method

---------------------------------------------------------WALDINE VAN GEFFEN VGHC42A-----

RASPBERRY MOUSSE

1 1/2 teaspoons Gelatin

1 1/2 tablespoons Cold water

1/2 cup Raspberry preserves

2 tablespoons Sugar

1 cup Heavy whipping cream

FILLING

1 pound Cream cheese --softened

1/2 cup Sugar

2 Eggs

1/2 teaspoon Vanilla

1 9″ chocolate crumb crust -- prepared

FILLING-Preheat oven to 325. Mix cream cheese, sugar, eggs and vanilla with electric mixer

on medium until thoroughlyblended, about 3 to 4 minutes. Pour into prepared crust. Place on baking

sheet and bake for 25 minutes. Cool to refrigerated temperature.

MOUSSE-Sprinkle gelatin over cold water, stir and let stand 1 minute. Micro

on HIGH for 30 seconds or until gelatin is completely dissolved. (Or heat on stove with 1

additional tb of water.) Combine gelatin with preserves. Chill 10 minutes.

CREAM-Whip cream until soft peaks form. Add 2 tb sugar and continue whipping until stiff

peaks form. Measure out 1-1/2 c of whipped cream for mousse and set aside. Refrigerate

remainder of cream for topping.

Gently fold raspberry mixture into measured whipped cream. Spread raspberry mousse

on top of chilled cheesecake, mounding slightly in the center. Chill 1 hour before serving.

To serve, cut cheesecake into 6 servings and top each piece with a dloop of reserved

whipped cream.

Source: The Olive Garden.

No comments: